The Lovejoy Territory Manager - Couplings (Midwest Region) will be remotely located within the territory of Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Kentucky. Candidates located in adjacent states will also be considered.
This position is responsible for overseeing all daily aspects of the territory sales channels (OE, Distributors, End-Users) in achieving/exceeding Lovejoy sales targets by developing, maintaining, and growing effective customer relationships in the assigned geographic territory/region of Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Kentucky.
This position utilizes strong technical and commercial skills, industry experience, and application knowledge to recognize customers' needs and apply capabilities and technology across the full Lovejoy portfolio as well as the entire Timken product and service offering.
This position will work collaboratively with Timken and other MPT sales persons within the territory to maximize the selling opportunities for the entire Timken portfolio.
This position will work collaboratively with Timken and other MPT sales persons within the territory to maximize the selling opportunities for the entire Timken portfolio
- Sales Territory Management: Manages assigned customer base or territory: Makes target number of customer calls and attains sales targets. Works with Regional Manager to deliver high-impact customer (OE, Distributor, End-user) presentations that focus on Lovejoy, Timken, and other MPT business capabilities and solutions, value proposition. Influences customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications.
- Customer Interaction: Coordinates with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas. Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including Lovejoy product selection on non-standard part number or types. Obtains application details from customers (including new or atypical designs). Participates in evaluating new design concepts from customers by being the product and application expert for couplings.
- Sales Plan Execution: Based on Regional Manager directive, this position executes the customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, plans to maximize pricing, new business attainment; actively gathering and submitting customer and market knowledge into monthly reports utilizing the Timken CRM system.
- New Business Development: Proactively seeks new opportunities through finding new customers (OE, channel partners, and end-users), developing new ideas for product enhancements or new products/services, provide market feedback pertinent to growth or competitive trends, and innovate to value-added selling solutions.
- Cash Management: Manage territory S&A budget, support customer payments resolution when appropriate and provide insight to customer/market demand to support SIOP process to the Supply Chain team.
- Product Line Extension: While the position will be hired with a direct focus on Lovejoy product and service offering, it could be expanded to support the Timken and/or other MPT product and service offerings in the territory.
- Ability to cover a large territory with extensive travel.
- Self-disciplined, results oriented, self-starter, who thrives in challenging situations.
- Technical understanding of coupling products, product applications and market segments.
- Ability to drive channel management tactics for the Lovejoy product offering.
- Customer influence, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Problem solving to navigate difficult customer interactions
- Good team skills to work with Lovejoy, MPT and Timken sellers in a matrixed selling environment
- Ability to utilize Timken CRM system effectively to communicate territory opportunities for all Timken.
- Call planning, report generation, and executing day to day activities in achieving sales targets
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals internally within the Timken organization and externally to OE customers, distributing channels and end users. Very key especially when working from a remote office location.
- Ability to fill in as "acting regional manager" in regional managers absence
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering degree is preferred)
- 5-10 years of sales experience in channel management and/or major OE business
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.