Position: FTZ Operations Supervisor
Reporting to: Import/Brokerage Manager
FLSA Classification: Exempt
The FTZ or Foreign Trade Zones Operations Supervisor is responsible for processing FTZ entries and supports the ongoing developments and management of the Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) product and services at the JFK Branch. The scope of the position covers commercial, operational and compliance related aspects of the company's FTZ product.
This individual will report directly to the Import/Brokerage Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-advise Handling of FTZ customers
- Responsible for managing commercial terms of freight ( ie. LC, Bank releases, check disbursement)
- Arrival Confirmation
- Confirm J2J/Create Jobs
- Validate Billing
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Responsible for filing/auditing FTZ entries, including 7512/E214 and entry withdrawal
- Responsible for the maintenance of FTZ SOP's for JFK accounts.
- Responsible for assisting department co-workers with problems, issues, and questions
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment on a regular basis to direct documentation agents to achieve service center goals
- Responsible for ensuring highest quality and accuracy of document processing
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and customer retention by implementing effective service capabilities
- Responsible for adherence to U.S. customs, TSA, FDA and all other government agencies
- Responsible for general compliance with all trading countries/partners (Rules & Documentation)
- Responsible for staff training
- Actively collaborates with the Brokerage Manager/Compliance Team to ensure product integrity and regulatory compliance and facilitates audits.
- Actively collaborates with sales colleagues and organization to define and design customer solutions.
- Actively supports implementation of new FTZ business.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- 10+ years of forwarding and brokerage experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant management experience highly preferred
- College Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with new process and project implementation highly preferred
- Sales/ Account management experience high preferred
- Domestic and international freight experience highly preferred
*** Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage other individuals
- Ability to train, set priorities, and instruct others on how to perform tasks
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Desire to working in a transaction processing environment
- Ability to operate in global environment
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is often required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position.