Technician / $3,000 in Bonuses
Location: Chicago Heights, IL, US, 60411
Company: XPO Logistics
Pay starts at $22.24
Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect will receive a $1,500.00 sign-on bonus, subject to repayment if the employee voluntarily terminates their employment with XPO Logistics within the first 6 months. Bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.
A $750.00 retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of continuous employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $750.00 bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for retention bonuses.
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our skilled team of technicians is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. As the Trailer Technician, you’ll need strong technical and diagnostic abilities, a desire to take on challenges and a willingness to be a team player dedicated to exceptional customer service. At XPO, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on trailing equipment, in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Access any area of the equipment to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of trailers
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations, as required
- Maintain proficiency on equipment and technologies that enhance our productivity
- Move trailers throughout the property
- Operate a hostler in all types of weather; safely walk and stand for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 1 year of experience in general trailer repair
- A valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Basic welding skills (Oxy/Acetylene, MIG and ARC)
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery, including working outdoors in inclement weather
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Technician, Supply, Logistics, Supply Chain, Technology, Operations