Logistics done differently.
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a rapidly growing global company? Transport Topics ranked XPO Logistics #1 in North America, and Forbes named us one of America's best employers. As the Lead Analyst, Supply Chain Systems, you will support the information systems component for the Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), perform service management processes, foster and maintain ongoing client relationships and configure systems. You'll also write specifications for new development and system enhancements, as well as perform and coordinate quality assurance testing under the direction of senior analysts and managers. If you're looking for an exciting opportunity with a dynamic company, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Participate in the business development process to analyze client requirements, determine fit and customizations
- Create proposals, gather supporting data for cost estimates and present XPO's capabilities and solutions to prospective clients
- Support project manager during system implementations/upgrades and provide continuing support
- Develop documented implementation plans, configure systems, train users and provide post-implementation support
- Create detailed functional specifications for modifications, defect corrections, enhancements and user documentation
- Perform process and data modeling; perform integrated quality assurance testing on system changes before they are released to key users
- Collaborate with end users to perform user acceptance testing on system changes before they are released to the field
- Deliver training to power users on system use; provide system configuration site support to distribution centers and operations center
- Provide support to resolve data-related problems with logistics information systems
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related technical field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) development and implementation
- Implementation and support experience with web-based applications, WMS, Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and small parcel shipment systems
- Expertise and experience in at least one of the following business disciplines: supply chain management, warehousing, transportation or distribution
- Experience using SQL for data analysis, extraction, troubleshooting and reporting
- Thorough understanding of current information systems technologies such as client/server, relational databases, web-based systems, and object-oriented design
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree
- Oracle SQL programming experience
- 5 years of experience with WMS development and implementation
- Knowledge of formal systems development methodologies
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.