Responsible for the revenue growth of customers in a defined geographic territory; services all current customers
and uncovers prospective opportunities for new business; works with the local and corporate management sales
teams in developing new business.
- Work with the District Manager, Sales Manager and corporate sales teams to increase the wallet share of existing
customers and uncover new opportunities to pursue and close.
- Stay current on all the products and services offered. Attend training classes to further expand your
knowledge and proficiency.
- Interact regularly with local management and develop close and cooperative working relationship with
operations staff to ensure the customer's needs are met.
- Develop a sales budget from the bottom up for your designated territory. Project the trends of current
clients along with new opportunities from your list of target accounts
- Ensure that a flow of sales leads are constantly coming into the territory: work with drivers,
telemarketing, and customer service. Daily telephone prospecting and regular in person cold calls are
- Build long lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with internal departments to help create a better
- Follow-up with new clients and operations to ensure a seamless integration when onboarding new
clients. Present and demonstrate our value proposition to prospective buyers.
- Participate in any promotional programs that are developed by Marketing: attend local marketing
customer events with key clients
- Schedule and conduct a predetermined number of face-to-face sales calls as directed by regional and
local management team;
- Utilize Salesforce or the current CRM program to build a database of key information for your territory.
Track new opportunities and work with management to secure new customers
- Participate in the training of new hires as directed by local management
- Exceed all assigned revenue goals: Work with management on any customers that require yield
improvement within the territory
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a proven track record in sales, preferably transportation and logistics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Team sell with the various corporate subject matter experts (SME's)
- Must be computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce CRM
- Some local travel involved
- High School Diploma required, college degree preferred
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
High School or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Sales Ability Expert
Verbal Communication Skills Expert