Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope of Position
This position exists to serve as the primary resource for supporting NDE activities within the Measurement R&D group. This position works closely with engineers and project leaders to perform tests according to plans, collect and organize data, and perform basic analysis. In addition, this position serves as the primary certified instructor for training manufacturing associates on multiple NDE methods utilized in North American plants. The position may also assist other NDE experts in training on new technology methods during implementation phases. The position also ensures the NDE laboratory and storage areas are properly maintained and perform periodic audits on same.
1) R&D NDE Projects: Support multiple project leaders in the execution of diverse NDE technology development projects; includes experimental work, coordinating samples, tooling, NDE masters, and other supporting items through PORs and Tool Room processing; tracking of samples to and from manufacturing plants. Perform NDE tests when requested through technology service requests from the business or other groups. Comfortable with using electronic, robotic, PC, & PLC devices.
2) Quality Support: Familiarity & understanding of industry and corporate standards for NDE testing, including but not limited to MPI, PT, TEVO, ET, UT, RUS ("Pinger"), & QNET. Knowledge in the ASNT NDE certification process. Serve as lead instructor for Magnetic Particle & Penetrant Inspection operator training & certification activities, including leading classes, examinations, training records, etc.
3) Reports & Records: Collect, compile, measure, summarize, record, and report technical & NDE data. Reports of sample results must be complete and accurate.
4) Maintain certifications in NDE practices
5) Safety: Promotes safe work practices and complies with all EPA and OSHA regulations
6) Travel: International and domestic travel is required averaging 25% of the time
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills due to high degree of interaction with operating and technical groups
- Product/process (technical/metallurgical) knowledge including Corporate NDE Standards
- Good data analysis skills
- Technical knowledge of heat treated steels
- Demonstrate capability to drive timely completion of projects and tasks
- High School Diploma with Level III NDE certification and at least 12 years relevant experience Or;
- Associate Degree in Materials, Electrical or Physics with at least seven years of NDT or related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials, Electrical or Physics with at least five years of NDT or related field
- Certification in at least one major NDT method is preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.