Our Workday Finance System Administrator will provide steady support for the following Workday functional areas: Financial Accounting (General Ledger and Reporting), Business Assets, Procurement and Suppliers, Expense Management, Banking and Settlement, Accounts Receivable and Customers, Budgeting and Financial Planning. Pilot recently implemented Workday Financials (FIN) and is currently implementing Human Capital Management (HCM) and Budgeting/Adaptive, to employ the full suite.
This role will directly manage and maintain the Workday FIN and Adaptive systems and collaborate with their counterparts responsible for managing Workday HCM. This role will perform Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, troubleshooting, data loads, integrations, and upgrades. This person will be responsible for overseeing short-term consultants, as needed, for the success of projects.
Pilot's Workday System Administrator understands finance and accounting functional processes. They will be empowered to identify areas of improvement where they should enable system best practices and bolster productivity across the organization.
The Workday System Administrator is extremely organized, focused, determined/goal-oriented and collaborative.
- Provides routine support for the following Workday functional areas: Accounts Receivable and Customers, Procurement and Suppliers, Expense Management, Banking and Settlement, Financial Accounting (General Ledger and Reporting), Business Assets, and Budgeting and Financial Planning.
- Supports these functional areas in a production environment and works independently. Takes direction well and acts as an internal system expert for Management.
- Performs Workday administrative functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations, and upgrades.
- Monitors tickets and responds to daily support requests and resolves issues. Proactively communicates with internal stakeholders.
- Provides technical and functional expertise including solution review, alternative options for resolution, and best practice recommendations.
- Creates technical configuration including business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, custom reports, dashboards, integrations, and access rights.
- Write standard, advanced, matrix and composite reports as well as creating complex calculated fields, custom objects, and worksheets.
- Proactively validates and identifies technical/functional issues, recommends solutions, and drives timely decisions.
- Acts as the organization's lead change agent in preparation and implementation of new system rollouts and upgrades.
- Independently implements enhancements and solutions for identified issues including reporting and integrations, while also identifying skills needed from external resources to fill internal knowledge gaps and managing these resources.
- Monitors system performance, efficiency, and use.
- Trains users on system settings and functional requirements.
- Facilitates cross-functional team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- 2+ years relevant experience, including but not limited to: Workday FIN deployments, post-deployment stabilizations and FIN Admin roles. Workday ERP experience (either as a contractor or employee-user) with expertise in FDM and exposure to HRIS.
- Experience managing contractors or deployment teams.
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric systems, with a focus on usability and process centralization.
- Proven record of clear communication (oral and written) with diverse audiences and a record of producing clear documentation.
- Workday ERP certifications in Financials and Report Writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft solutions especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with systems implementations
- Transportation and Logistics industry experience
- Experience with Six Sigma, Agile, and/or other methodologies.
- Proficient in collaborative technologies including: SharePoint, SmartSheets, Jira HelpDesk and/or other project management tools.
$90,000-$120,000 based on experience
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks