In this strategic sales solution position, you will drive revenue and market share by identifying business opportunities, developing strategies to acquire clients, providing direction and business development guidance to our sales team as it relates to our Contract Logistics Group as well as, focus on long-term client development.
- Drive revenue, market share and margin growth in line with the business plan and leads business development initiatives that are consistent with the company's overall strategy.
- Manages the consultative pitch process from beginning to end including development of custom presentations and proposals
- Customer engagement at the senior levels with key accounts to develop strategic/integrated partnerships
- Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates activities of department or locations for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives. Responsibility for daily operations as it relates to services provided to account base and potential business.
- Review analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Consults at executive level to assess achievements and required changes resulting from current status and conditions
- Develops business forecasts, financial budgets and targets based on broad corporate goals and growth objectives.
- Ensures that all divisional activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations
- Leads people development arena in staffing, training and performance evaluation
- Stakeholder in marketing strategy and maintains close contact with major business customers; participates in direct calls on new and/or existing customers
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, rates and establishes marketing goals/campaigns to ensure market share & profitability
- Represents company at industry meetings to promote products/services
- Strong product/service development experience and logistics background
- Possesses working knowledge of warehouse operating systems sufficient to direct efficiency and recommend system improvements
- Leads special projects committees/assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
- Five plus years of business development/sales experience within the Logistics industry, preferably in contract logistics, warehouse, reverse logistics, transload, transportation, storage, and/or inventory management.
- Demonstrates self-confidence when presenting to potential customers and at industry events.
- Solutions oriented with the ability to propose new solutions and/or resolve customer issues
- Demonstrates capabilities in sales budgeting, forecasting, and management to revenue, volume, cost and margin objectives.
- Excellent Communication skills (verbal and written), and ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and leadership (internally and externally).
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Power-point and generally used email program capabilities.
- Ability to drive long distances and/or travel overnight as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contra
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.