Pilot Freight Services is seeking a full time Accounts Payable Associate for our Glen Mills, PA location.
Their role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. A typical Accounts Payable job description also highlights the day-to-day management of all payment cycle activities in a timely and efficient manner.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and departments by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions. Experience posting adjusting entries through the general ledger is a plus.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Has a proven ability to utilize technology to increase the Accounts Payable process efficiency (OCR).
- Assist in design and implementation of a new ERP system
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Previous Accounts Payable experience required.
- Experience with Workday ERP and multiple banking platforms preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- Previous accounts payable experience preferred
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) proficiency (Emphasizing excel)
- Experience working with multiple bank platforms
- Strong organization and problem solving skills. Attention to detail and motivated.
- Understanding of and ability to work with accounting and reporting systems, workday financials experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a diverse group of talented individuals
- Maintaining a professional attitude as a representative of the company and the accounting group.
Competitive wages and benefits, including a generous 401K match.
Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
High School or better.
2-5 years: Previous Accounts Payable experience required. Experience with Workday ERP and multiple banking platforms preferred.