Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award.
Purpose & Scope:
Perform diversified inspection duties including sample specimen preparation and mounting, and perform a wide range of testing procedures and documentation of raw and in process materials, following established procedures.
- Perform raw and in-process material tests including being responsible for interpretation of vendor materials certifications.
- Use bench tools such as sander, cutter, various washes and immersions to prepare and test materials.
- Work from edited copy and/or instructions, specifications, prints; determine results of tests by dial indicator, meters, gauges, light as well as visual checks.
- As necessary, cut, section and otherwise obtain, samples or specimens of metals and other materials to be used, or being used, in the production of bearings and components. In accordance with standard practice, properly mount samples or specimens of independent testing of testing Metallurgical Technician.
- Perform in-process metallurgical inspections according to customer specifications. Audit heat treat productions cycles on a daily basis.
- Interface with engineering and inspection areas concerning special testing requirements.
- Perform hardness, distortion, and other tests.
- Perform or assist in performance of metallurgical calibrations, special purpose equipment and processes. Record appropriate data on designated form(s) as required. Assist in training employees, as required.
- Maintain necessary records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Basic computer interface skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required.
- Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 35 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.