Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken's aerospace division facility in Lebanon, NH is part of Timken's world-leading manufacturing team; with more than 18,000 employees across 33 countries. Our team engineers, manufactures, and delivers the highest quality products keeping industry in motion.
- We offer unique career opportunities for well experienced and entry level team members.
- We will train you and help you advance (members of our Sr. Leadership team have mastered these positions as part of their career advancement).
- Comprehensive benefits offerings including; medical, dental, vision, retirement (401k), life, AD&D, short & long term disability, group legal, tuition reimbursement, generous time off.
- Timken Aerospace employees are first class; winners of the Green Globe Award, Lockheed Martin Sikorsky's Gold award, and Timken's Top Quality Award
Purpose & Scope:
Perform diversified duties to Set/Up and operate all machines in the Roller Manufacturing Area including Centerless Grind, Plunge/Surface Grind, Roller Chamfer Corner Grind, OD Hone machines and related Quality Control equipment to produce/manufacture roller bearing components in accordance with company/customer specifications and quality standards within the limitations of accepted practice.
- Safely, correctly and efficiently operate and setup all Roller equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain necessary records and ensure that documentation procedures are followed.
- Move material and parts as needed. Care is required to handle components to prevent damage.
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to a leader.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Train personnel as required.
- Create and update setup-sheets and standard work procedures.
- Gauge knowledge should be sufficient to operate all gauges in area of responsibility.
- Shall be capable of performing inspections in accordance with issued work instructions.
- Keep leader informed of all machine, quality and quantity problems or audits as required.
- Conduct or assist in problem solving events and meetings.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment as required.
- Perform and be involved in continuous improvement projects as required.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- Skills learned to be determined by the group leader based upon need of the entire group and the need for flexibility.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades education preferred
- Basic computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Above average mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Problem solving methodology for troubleshooting
Use of hands, legs, both near/far vision, and hearing test. Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 35 pounds. Requires extensive periods of walking and standing.
Timken is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We provide priority referrals of protected veterans.
US Citizen or Green card are required for some positions.
Lebanon, NH - Recruiting contact: Amy Bardos
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.