Earn a $1,000 sign-on bonus!*
Where: 1100 John Galt Way, Burlington, NJ 08016
Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
Wage: $21.50/hr and up, based on experience
Benefits After 90 Days: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 2:00pm until finish with overtime as needed.
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Coach and train lower level warehouse associates on the proper execution of warehouse duties and ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Exhibit detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Verify and enter data into the system.
- Maintain condition of work area.
- Operate an Order Picker or Double Pallet Jack while following company procedures to select, move, or transport product throughout the warehouse.
- Use a Voice Pick (Jennifer) headset technology to seek out and confirm product locations and quantities.
- Select orders, verify stock and inventory levels, and assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production (lines per hour) goals.
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday Schedule
- Generous health, well-being and financial benefits:
- Life insurance
- 401k savings plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Up to 15 days paid time off annually in addition to 7 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off AND Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Growth
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- 18+ years of age
- Able to pass a drug test
- Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- 2+ years in warehousing, preferably in a lead/supervisory role
- Must be willing to be cross-trained to work in multiple departments
- Must be interested in career advancement. Ideally, leads should be ready for management roles within 1-2 years.
- Order Picker machine experience
HD Supply is an Essential Business Service:
As an "essential business service" HD Supply remains operational in all locations. We are adhering to all social distancing guidance to the maximum extent possible in all areas, including deliveries. To learn more about what COVID-19 safety precautions are being taken by HD Supply to protect associates, visit our FAQ page here:https://hdsupply.jobs/faqs/
- Don't worry, we think you'll love it here! HD Supply's company culture and top-notch benefits are unparalleled. However, you must remain employed a minimum of 90 days in order to be eligible to receive the first 1/2 of the sign-on bonus ($500), and 6 months in order to be eligible for the remaining $500. You also must be employed at the time of the payout.
Job Description & Qualifications
Perform general warehouse operations and support management by acting as first line of assistance for associates. Dependent on volume/size of the facility, may have specialized tasks or have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Coaches and trains lower level warehouse associates on the proper execution of warehouse duties, ensures policies and procedures are followed.
Exhibits detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
Safely operates forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
Verifies and enters data into the system.
Maintains condition of work area.
Stocks product in designated location or locates to pull correct quantities to fulfill customer orders and meet productivity and accuracy goals.
May also complete tasks such as receiving, returns, inventory, order layout, data entry, and load trucks considering cubic weight, size and characteristics of load.
Nature and Scope
May modify processes to resolve situations.
Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine the best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor or direct customers of the process.
Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees' professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
Technical certification or associate degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5-7 years of experience in a related area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- 18+ months of warehouse experience.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of warehouse operations, products.
- Ability to professionally lead staff by example and handle light supervisory duties. Familiar with training and coaching techniques.
- Ability to change or adapt work practices, priorities, or procedures.
- Ability to think and take constructive action in work-related matters.
Job Locations US-NJ-Burlington
Job ID 2021-43980
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 08016
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.