The purpose of this position is to provide OCM (Origin Cargo and Vendor Management) to customers with the various operational and origin and Destination services as specified in the service agreement, customer procedures or Company's guidelines, on a daily basis.
- Perform and manage PO/Vendor compliance, vendor training and assistance. Book with Ocean/Air Carriers based on Customer's Carrier Allocation within the required ship window, in addition to monitoring timely system updates. Monitor receipt & accuracy of all documentation from carrier(s) prior to sending to the customer's Customs House Broker, in addition to performing system updates to provide the customer with visibility of their shipments.
- Perform destination management to monitor customer's allocated ocean carriers for cargo arriving into the US and Canada for timely and accurate destination events, i.e., Vessel Revised ETA's, ATA, Vessel Unloads, Available, Gate Out, and Return Empty dates for customer visibility and to work with Customs House Brokers on no Customs Release and Agency Hold issues 3-5 days prior to port of discharge to prevent delivery delays.
- Responsible for monitoring timely container retrieval from ocean ports and rail facilities to minimize demurrage charges and First In First Out (FIFO) protocol to ensure that the empty containers are returned to the Port/Rail facilities before accruing detention charges.
- Generate and monitor various internal reports from YL and others' proprietary systems.
- Daily communications both verbally and written with YL origin/destination offices and internal/external customers. Provide immediate response to daily e-mail communications.
- Monitor receipt & measure data accuracy of EDI transmittal to the customer.
- Provides the customer and their truckers with container status to ensure that import shipments arriving into the US and Canada are delivered the customer's Distribution Centers in a timely manner. Tasks will also include monitoring container first in first out (FIFO) protocol to ensure that empty containers are returned to the Port/Rail facilities timely.
- C ollege degree preferred or a minimum of three (3) years of global logistics and supply chain experience. Ocean or Freight Forward Experience preferred
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws