An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Pilot Air Freight to consider all applications for any position without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or genetics.
Pilot Freight Services is searching for a full-time Pilot Last Mile Home Assistant Operations Manager for a location in the Eagan, MN area. The PLM Assistant Operations Manager will be part of a leadership team dedicated to driving superior results dock to customer from a busy regional distribution center, making sure that teams on the front line are sharp and committed to not only process execution, but outstanding customer service. You will as part of a management team, oversee the carrier fleet to fine tune processes, support the P&L expectations and decisions, and ensure our clients customers get the kind of treatment you would expect and demand for yourself. This is a high volume operation that calls for focused attention to detail always, the ability to communicate clearly, set expectations, and lead with a resolve to achieve excellence. Our variety of clients are iconic furniture, bedding, fitness, appliance, and electronics brands who expect a superior home delivery experience for their customers.
If this is how you see yourself and enjoy a challenge, then we want to hear from you right now.
Own-the-Results Job Description:
The PLM Assistant Operations Manager will work in tandem with the lead manager and will report directly to the assigned Regional Director, but will work closely with several other team members throughout all stages of the dedicated delivery service. He/she will be co-responsible for the process execution of the delivery carrier teams to include but not limited to; route monitoring, contractor management, and customer service to name but a few. The PLM Assistant Operations Manager is co-responsible for daily planning, organizing, controlling and managing the over-all operations of delivery and return to inventory orders.
The PLM Assistant Operations Manager must excel in a HIGH VOLUME HOME DELIVERY OPERATION. This person must be one who can execute to a prescribed process in the most efficient manner. They must be able to handle a fast paced, highly dynamic, and parameter driven work place environment and most importantly, work as one cohesive team.
This is what you would have done had you been with us last month:
- Provided the necessary communication and support between customers, DC staff and independent contractors regarding operations activity to ensure a smooth delivery and expected level of service.
- Assisted in the planning and coordination in executing order assembly/inspection and dispatch of product.
- Provided efficient utilization of delivery team capacity ensuring quality and budgetary targets objectives were met.
- Worked with the Regional Director to achieve financial objectives by supporting the adherence and monthly reviews of monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets.
- Supported P&L goals by operating the business within budgeted guidelines through scheduling expenditures and analyzing any variances to the plan.
- Adhered to contractual agreements and key performance indicators (KPI) set forth by the client.
- Used personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activities and procedures.
- Involvement in the resolution of complex escalations pertaining to Independent Contractors and customer service.
- Reported on issues as needed to ensure complaints were addressed and resolved to client/customer satisfaction.
- Utilized site operating systems to ensure daily execution and monitoring of planned activities.
- Involved in the recruitment and training of independent contractor carriers and their employee team members.
- Participated in weekly organizational meetings to report and evaluate the quality of service received, and providing solutions for continuous improvement.
- Ensured driver safety and compliance while loading in a safe manner and facility requirements were being adhered to.
- Performed other inherent duties as required in support of operations.
These are the tools you would have brought with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred but not required; Completion of a college program in business administration or in a discipline related to facility operation and maintenance, or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience in administration or maintenance
- 5+ years supply chain experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management; 2-4 years in a supervisory/management role; experience in a large distribution center environment strongly preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support of customer relationships (vendors, warehousing, sales and upper-management)
- Strong analytical skills, especially as it pertains to proactively managing and coordinating with others in order to meet our customer's needs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and high integrity in reporting.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experienced in the use of operating and routing software
- Ability to work flexible hours and days of the week including holidays when required
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk and complete repetitive tasks when necessary.
Innovative: Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better in Logistics /Supply Chain Management or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
Proficiency in written & verbal communication Novice
MS Office Suite Novice
EXCEL INTERMEDIATE Intermediate
AS400 Some Knowledge
3-5 years: Supply chain experience in transportation, 3PL last mile home delivery operations, distribution and/or freight management