The Air Export Agent II facilitates the shipment of cargo via air transport. The Export Agent II is also responsible for receiving shipping instructions and following customer specific guidelines in the preparation and transmission of export transactions. This includes overseeing processes from booking through confirmation of shipping.
- Communicate with Yusen operations origin and destination locations regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery processes.
- Monitor and manage shipments until completion.
- Keep customers appraised to the export details of transactions in accordance with local office export operation procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of export documentation - review and verify documentation and obtain any missing documentation from the customer(s).
- Build professional relationships with all customers, other offices, overseas agents and service providers.
- Review standard operating procedures to ensure compliance, TSA, Quality Assurance Standards, TAPA, and IMDG.
- Report anomalies in operations and new customer requirements to management for decisions on additional service requirements.
- Responsible for meeting key performance indicators for operations.
- Support other duties and projects as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years' work experience in export operations in a related environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Knowledge of air space configurations; air ULD loads; special loading constraints; and certificate for handling hazardous materials or related experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions.
- Ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely.
- Ability to work independently in a professional manner to meet internal and external customer's requests.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook, etc.).
- Must work with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Must have effective organizational and time management skills
- Cargowise experience a plus.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions. With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.