Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role:
- Manager, Digital Workplace Systems & Support is a member of the IT Infrastructure Advancement & Integration leadership team. This position has global accountability for strategy development, execution, training and adoption, and end-user support for all digital workspace environments used by internal and external customers.
- This role is accountable for championing and driving organizational and technological change with the goal of continuously improving IT's ability to provide value-added technology and services to internal and external customers.
- This role is responsible for leading individuals and teams focused on architecting, deploying, and supporting corporate strategies covering end user platforms, tools, and digital workspace initiatives.
- Provides direction and leadership to Digital Workplace Systems team, End-User Services team, and IT Operations teams.
- Design and implement solutions that drive a culture of Continuous Improvement focusing on improving the end user digital experience through application stability, performance, usability, and functionality for internal and external stakeholders
- Set digital workplace strategy for IT service groups that build upon innovations in workplace technologies like automation, collaboration, and artificial intelligence to deliver connected experiences and drive user adoption
- Direct and indirect pay manager responsibility in a hybrid FTE/global delivery model involving, global Help Desks, technical resources, contractors, and vendors. Direct and matrixed responsibility for 20 or more reports, including performance reviews and compensation reviews.
- Lead initiatives focused on developing, implementing, and delivering IT training programs and communication programs to associates in all regions to maximize user adoption rates of deployed technologies
- Implement and execute, SOPs, SLAs and KPI metrics for the areas of responsibility.
- Drive processes and controls that continuously improve IT Incident and Problem Management capabilities across the IT organization.
- Plans and directs technology investments in collaboration with team members, senior IT management and internal business leaders.
- Responsible for IT budget development and results for multiple cost centers.
- Ensure proper resource allocation levels for regional IT associates, contingents, and third-party service providers, to meet service level expectations, quality of service, and system reliability.
- Collaboration with IT leadership and other global delivery teams to ensure alignment, and execution of plans to achieve IT goals and objectives.
- Day-to-day coaching and mentoring of direct reports to continuously improve team competencies and capabilities.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Experience and broad working knowledge of digital workplace applications and services
- Demonstrated administrative, financial, performance management and vendor management skills
- Proven business partnership with leaders globally to set direction based on high-level guidance; embraces ambiguity as an empowerment opportunity
- Proven financial management skills in the areas of budgets, cost control, and cost reduction
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a diverse matrixed environment
- Visible leadership skills; can motivate individuals and teams to achieve business and IT objectives
- A critical thinker; analytical and focused on continuous improvement
- Exceptional service-oriented mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to explain technology solutions in business terms
- Bachelor's Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 8 years of previous experience in information systems, technical support, and help desk
- Master's Degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 10 years of previous experience in information systems, technical support, and help desk
- Previous people management experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.