ilot Freight Services is searching for a proactive full-time Last Mile Home Delivery Manager for an embedded location in the Minneapolis, MN area.
We have a great opportunity for a behind-the-scenes logistics position. The Last Mile Manager is dedicated to achieving great results standing at the line of action, and taking charge of delivery operations from dock to customer from a busy regional distribution center, and making sure that carrier teams on the front lines are sharp and committed to not only process execution, but to world class customer service. You will oversee a facility and team of independent carriers to fine tune processes, support the P&L expectations and decisions, and ensure that customers get the kind of treatment you would demand for yourself. This is a high volume operation that calls for focused attention to detail always, the ability to communicate processes and polices clearly, set expectations, and lead with a resolve to be the best. Our variety of clients are iconic furniture, bedding, fitness, appliance, and electronics retailers who expect a superior home delivery experience for their customers.
If this is how you live and want to work, then we want to hear from you right now.
Own-the-Results Job Description:
The Pilot Last Mile (PLM) Operations Manager will report directly to their assigned Regional Director, but will work closely with several other team members throughout all stages of the dedicated home delivery service. He/she will be responsible for the execution of the location and its delivery teams including but not limited to, inventory control, route monitoring, contractor management/recruiting, and customer service to name but a few key major areas. The PLM Home Delivery Operations Manager is responsible for daily planning, organizing, controlling, administering, and managing the over-all operations of outgoing delivery and return orders.
The PLM Home Delivery Operations Manager must excel in HIGH VOLUME HOME DELIVERY OPERATIONS. This person must be one who can execute to a prescribed process in the most efficient manner. They must be able to handle a fast paced, highly dynamic, and parameter driven work place environment.
This is what you would have done had you been with us last month:
- Provided the necessary communication and support between customers, suppliers and independent contractor carriers regarding operations activity to ensure a smooth delivery and achieve superior service levels.
- Managed the planning and coordination in executing order inventory/inspection, and load out for assigned routes.
- Ensured the efficient utilization of delivery team capacity ensuring quality, budgetary targets and fair-share objectives were met.
- Worked with the Regional Director to achieve financial objectives by supporting the adherence to and monthly reviews of an annual budget.
- Managed a P&L by operating the business within budgeted guidelines through scheduling expenditures and analyzing any variances to the plan.
- Managed contractual agreements and key performance indicators (KPI) set forth by the client.
- Used personal judgment and initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles in activities and procedures.
- Managed the resolution of complex escalations pertaining to carriers, customer service, and property claims were resolved to client/customer satisfaction.
- Utilized site operating systems to ensure daily execution of planned activities.
- Managed the recruitment and training of independent contractor carriers and their employee team members, as well as monitoring assigned staff performance and progress.
- Participated in weekly organizational meetings to report and evaluate the quality of service received, and providing solutions for continuous improvement.
- Ensured driver safety and compliance while loading in a safe manner and facility requirements are being met.
- Performed other essential duties as required.
These are the tools you would have brought with you:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred but not required; Completion of a college program in logistics management, business administration discipline related to operation management, or an equivalent combination of technical training and on the job experience in transportation, especially 3PL last mile operations.
- 5+ years supply chain experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management; 2-4 years in a supervisory/management role especially utilizing independent contractor carriers; experience in a large distribution center environment strongly preferred.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and at times fluid environment
- Ability to interact effectively at multiple levels in support of customer relationships (vendors, warehouse personnel, sales and upper-management)
- Strong analytical skills, especially as it pertains to proactively managing and coordinating with others in order to meet our customer's needs, and identify improvements to operations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and high integrity in accurate reporting.
- Must be experienced utilizing Microsoft Office Suite such as Word & Excel spreadsheet use.
- Experienced in the use of operating and transportation routing software
- Ability to work flexible hours and days of the week including holidays when operations require it.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk and complete repetitive tasks when necessary in a warehouse environment.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Associates or better in Logistics /Supply Chain Management or related field.
Licenses & Certifications
Business Management Skills Intermediate
Proficiency in written & verbal communication Advanced
MS Office Suite Advanced
EXCEL INTERMEDIATE Intermediate
Customer service experience Advanced
AS400 Some Knowledge
3-5 years: Supply chain experience in transportation, distribution and/or freight management especially home furniture delivery.