OCEAN EXPORT SPECIALIST
- Coordinates customer export shipments with shippers, truckers and steamship lines.
- Sets up bookings, arranges pick-ups for inland transportation and follows up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations.
- Converts and verifies shipment weight and volume. Calculates rates and price conversions.
- Arranges timely and accurate billing.
- Responsible for audit compliance with FMC regulations and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports local sales efforts with timely responses to emails and rate requests.
- Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other Dachser offices.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ocean freight forwarding preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with contract interpretation.
- Ability to negotiate rates with steamship lines.
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required, while maximizing profit.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team environment where keeping open communication among your colleagues is vital.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
WHAT WE OFFER
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary. To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.dachser.us. DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.