Advisor - Employee Relations (On-Site)
Forest View, IL
Join one of the world's most well-known and reliable companies in this unique opportunity that allows you to play a key role in the successful operations of Chicagoland district service centers.
We're looking for a seasoned and hands-on HR professional to provide in-person support and guidance to managers regarding employee relation matters.
Using your in-depth experience, you will ensure that decisions are made with consideration to fairness and precedent while also being in compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws and regulations.
Conduct investigations involving harassment, discrimination and other employee relations issues and provide recommendations on how they should be handled.
This position may involve being on-site during off-hours based on the situation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 yrs of demonstratable experience in human resources
- Thorough understanding of employment and wage and hour laws
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and be effective in situations that may be adversarial
- Available to work some evenings and/or overnight hours as needed
- Ability to travel extensively essential
Additional qualifications and requirements will be found on the website listed below.
- Medical, dental, vision, prescription insurance
- Disability & life insurance
- Credit association (with Internet & phone banking)
- Direct deposit
- Flex-spending acct for medical and dependent care
- 8 paid holidays annually
- Company paid vacation and personal time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Stock purchase plan
As a member of the FedEx Corp. family of companies, FedEx Freight is a leading U.S. provider of next-day and second-day regional LTL freight services.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.