What we're looking for...
- We are looking for an Import Entry Writer who will be responsible for creating and transmitting entries for import shipments. Our ideal candidate is someone with 1-3 years of entry writing experience and familiarity with U.S. Customs regulations.
- OEC Group's Customs Brokerage Department is primarily responsible for the timely submission of entries to U.S. Customs in order for freight to be released.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group:
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision) - Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Personal and Floating Days
- Bi-Annual performance review with opportunities for a salary adjustment and/or bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities! Here at OEC we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
About the Position Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Prepares customs entries for all import shipments to be submitted to and released from U.S. Customs in a timely manner.
- Ensures that all entries are properly classified by using tools such as company profiles, CROSS (Customs Rulings Online Search System), Internet and communicating with the Importer of record.
- Creates invoices for duty and entry charges to be sent to the Billing Department.
- Develops and maintain customer profiles based on the customer's shipment history. Coordinate with customers to classify new commodities per according to HTS.
- Answers any Brokerage related inquiries internally and externally.
New York Office 9:00 am - 6:00 pm EST (Rotational overtime on Sundays)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven office environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and phone etiquette
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Exceptional customer service skills and follow up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Knowledge or coursework in Supply Chain, Logistics and or International Business a plus
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.