Potential for Sign On Bonus!
Join our leadership team and help drive the continued growth of HD Supply (a Home Depot company)! Reporting to a DC Manager, you will lead, coach and develop 3 driver leads, 1 dispatcher and team of 30+ dedicated fleet drivers. You will manage fleet maintenance, create strategies for route efficiencies, on-time delivery and ensure the continued safety performance. You will start your day as early as 5 am with flexibility to meet the business needs.
- Bachelor's degree not required.
- Prior experience leading a large team of non-union associates in a fast paced warehouse/distribution environment.
- Expertise on DOT policies and procedures.
- Hazmat knowledge is plus.
- SAP or similar ERP experience/knowledge preferred.
- Descartes or similar transportation software experience.
- DriveCam or similar in-cab video.
- Fleet management and asset management experience is a plus.
- MS Office Suite, MS Excel for reporting purposes
- Must have excellent written and oral presentation.
- Solid proven history of making strides in employee engagement.
Perks for our HD Supply Associates
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Weekends and holidays off!
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Quarterly Bonus Eligibility.
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations. Through 44 distribution centers, in the U.S. and Canada, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including will call, direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Direct and coordinate the dedicated delivery operations at the distribution center, including direct supervision of the delivery drivers, route management, DOT and Hazardous Material compliance, and fleet maintenance.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Leads, directs and trains the delivery driver team.
Ensures compliance with all safety, hazmat and DOT requirements.
Manages routes to ensure the most cost efficient delivery operations.
Oversees and performs routine vehicle inspection and maintains proper records.
Coaches and develops delivery drivers, including accompanying drivers on routes for evaluation purposes.
Nature and Scope
Experience provides solutions.
Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
Typically requires overnight travel more than 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Prior supervisory experience in dispatch or fleet maintenance.
- Experience with routing programs.
- Experience with DOT regulations and driver safety programs.
Job Locations US-CA-Hayward
Job ID 2021-45908
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Transportation
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 94545
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.