Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay starts at $19.56
- 1st and 2ndShift
- Part-time up to 30 hours
Move the freight that moves the world forward.
As a Dockworker, you'll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You'll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry and how to bring out your best. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes
It'd be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally)
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.