With operations spanning the globe, Lynden International provides complete coverage to most major world markets. We provide air and ocean freight forwarding, expedited ground freight services, customs brokerage, logistics and other specialized services like facility management, charters, reverse logistics and assembly and distribution. We are the proverbial “one-stop shop” for any transportation or shipping need. Lynden has achieved Logistics Management Magazine’s #1 ranking in Airfreight Forwarding for the second year in a row. We are looking for people to contribute to Lynden International’s overall customer experience success by effectively interacting and supporting our customers.
Lynden International, a member of the Lynden family of companies, has roots in transportation going back more than 100 years. We are a freight forwarder who offers full service solutions of logistical services that support the entire supply chain.
Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated person who takes pride in finding solutions to problems that meet the expectations of your customers? Do you thrive where each day is not like the last? If so, Lynden is the place for you. This position handles all aspects of international export, import and cross-trade shipments including customer service and daily movement of freight and documentation, with moderate supervision for high-visibility and key accounts in a control tower environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Daily coordinating movement of freight, including determining routing to meet customers economic and time requirements (import, export, foreign-to-foreign, air & ocean)
- Process shipping documents, including filing of paperwork.
- Identify and analyze customer requirements and ensure internal processes meet or exceed these.
- Perform all aspects of customer service and carrier relations (negotiating rates & services and securing spot quotes with carriers to increase profits and reduce customer costs) through direct communication with customers and agents, and maintaining a professional image and insuring quality service. This includes communication and coordination with foreign agents utilizing both verbal and written communications.
- Able to set and meet deadlines per internal and external customer expectations.
- Knowledge of export routing, documentation and AES filing.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance for Import and Export.
- Knowledge of HTUS classifications
- Analyze current market to ensure competitive rates and profitability and quote shipping rates to customers.
- Coordinate warehouse inventories and process for international customers.
- Insure invoicing of customers is accurate to quoted and contractual obligations, and approve invoices for payment and submit to the general office for payment.
- Coordinate the turnover of import documents from other Lynden service centers to our internal brokerage department
- Occasional overtime depending on the workload
- Possible on-call scheduled for weekend
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
Minimum requirement is high school diploma plus 4 years of international freight forwarding experience, or 4-year college degree and 1 year international freight experience. Degree in logistics field preferred.
Good written and verbal skills to effectively present information in writing and in person in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, carrier representative, company sales personnel and other coworkers. Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, procedure manuals, tariffs, and other technical and professional material. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to calculate freight rates, including the effect of dimensional weight, and amounts such as percentages, volume, and discounts.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make quick decisions in a fully competent, independent manner with little supervision.
Intermediate to expert Microsoft Word, Excel, One Note, Teams and Outlook user
Good organizational and multi-tasking skills in a heavy workload environment.
Ability to work accurately with a wide range of data and reporting documents
Foreign language skills a plus
Must pass pre-employment drug screening and undergo background investigation.
Must be able to pass Security Threat Assessment under TSA regulations.
- Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment(STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Driver's License(CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card(TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade(FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STA's will be submitted by Lynden International upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.
IATA DG or/and IMDG certified is a plus
We are currently back in-office (subject to change at any time based on COVID-19 state & federal guidance)
We offer a robust benefit and PTO package.