TRANSFERS/FREIGHT WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
$1000 Sign-On Bonus ($500 after 90 & $500 after 180)!
Did you know that HD Supply is one of the largest distribution companies in North America? Our sweet spot is connecting maintenance and construction products with businesses that need them. Our company size ($6 billion and growing) and culture allows our associates to learn and grow in all kinds of ways.
Our mission is to build our cities and keep them running. Our Warehouse Associates connect our customers with the goods they need to make this happen.
Where: HD SUPPLY, 21551 Baker Pkwy, City of Industry CA
Type : Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Pay: $16.00/Hr.+ DOE (Approx. 45 - 60 hrs./week)
Benefits : Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) and a robust wellness program
Shift: 4:00AM (10-12hr Shifts) Monday - Friday, Weekends off.
In this job, you'll do things like:
- Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock.
- Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
- May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Safely operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- May also complete tasks such as palletizing, shipping, and data entry.
Some perks of this job include:
- Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
- Opportunities for Career Advancement
Must-haves to apply for this job:
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.
- Computer Experience
- SAP Software Experience
What will give you an edge:
- Experience operating forklifts, cherry pickers, or similar equipment
- Experience working in a fast paced, productivity-driven environment
- Experience with computers
HD Supply (www.hdsupply.com) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 300,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations. Through 44 distribution centers, in the U.S. and Canada, the company's approximately 5,500 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including will call, direct-ship options, diversified
Job Description & Qualifications
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in loading, unloading, order pulling, shipping, returns, forklift, fabrication, counter, or may have a generalized role working in all departments.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, fabrication and transportation of goods.
Load and unload materials to and from designated storage area, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles. Stack or pile materials, such as lumber, boards, or pallets
Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
Verify computations against physical count of stock.
Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
Receive and fill orders or sell supplies, materials, and products to installers and subcontractors.
May drive truck to pick up incoming stock or deliver materials to designated locations or operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience.
Job Locations US-CA-City of Industry
Job ID 2021-45854
Business Unit Facilities Maintenance
Functional Area Warehouse
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 91789
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.