Pilot Freight Services is looking for a reliable, experienced Customer Service Agent for our Windsor, CT Station.
The Customer Service Agent 2 is responsible for providing customer service to all callers. Answering incoming calls and troubleshoot issues will be the main function of this position. The Customer Service Agent 2 will assist pilot stations and cartage agents.
- Frequent and accurate communication to customer, cartage agents, and other station and company personnel
- Answer incoming calls and provide excellent customer service to all callers
- Coordinate recovery and delivery schedules with various cartage agents
- Respond to customer email in designated account mailboxes
- Update customer sheets
- Monitor and respond to customer inquiries received through email
- Make outgoing calls to follow-up on shipment status, resolve issues and update customers
- Track, trace, enter and update shipments
- Assist and support Pilot stations and cartage agents
- Master outside customer applications
- Follow published procedures and work instructions for customer accounts and bring modifications to management's attention
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication and problem-solving skills
- Technological aptitude using the internet and online tools
- High energy with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills with emphasis on detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
High School or better
2+ years customer service experience
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit. Occasionally stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.