We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
The Timken Company sells some of the world's most sophisticated magnetic field sensors. This role is focused in the sensor application and product development engineering group. Additional responsibilities include management of purchased parts including working with suppliers and the Timken supply chain group as an advocate for the sensor business unit. This associate will work with Team Center and SAP to support Sensor product creation, application engineering and manufacturing launch activities. As a Sensor Applications Engineer there will be project work, such as product creation in Team Center / SAP and the coordination of purchase / runoff of external tooling. Successful applicants are expected to have design experience with electro-mechanical products.
- Works with customers, sales representatives and applications engineering to understand customer requirements and delivers product solutions; creates product concepts which are simple, reliable, cost effective, and capable of meeting or exceeding customers' requirements.
- Tests and creates feasibility studies for technical applications of sensor products.
- Researches, analyzes, and plans the control system design for products in accordance with product requirements and customer specifications; Documents, implements, and tests applicable design requirements for production.
- Delivers technical proposals in support of quotations and orders. This includes drawings, calculations, specifications and other technical information.
- Partners with the supply chain function to identify and develop component suppliers; validates supplier capabilities and ensures compliance with product and performance specifications
- Oversees pre-production and prototype activity in-house and with partner plants; reviews and analyzes product performance data
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, participating in Product Quality Planning activities and Six Sigma activities, and supporting other business priorities as directed by internal customers.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline; Masters preferred
- A minimum of 4 years related experience in Product/Applications Engineering with similar products
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to interact with customers and crossfunctional team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Hands on electrical or mechanical assembly experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.