This position is for local residents only.
Air Import Agent
Air Import Agent
Benefits: Competitive salary, great benefits package with 401(k) company match, generous paid time off! Long-Term Disability and $50,000 Life Insurance at no charge!
Woodland Global, a freight forwarding agent has been setting the standards in Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management since 1988. We are a dedicated, highly trained team of specialists who strive to understand our customers' requirements and exceed their expectations. Currently, we have a full time Air Import Agent position available to work at our Garden City, NY.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Import Coordinator who is experienced in Air and can provide an excellent, professional level of service to customers, clients, and agents in a cost -effective manner.
- The position will require liaising between, Forwarders, Custom Brokers and customers to obtain the information to proceed with customs formalities;
- Liaising with customers to obtain information to ensure correct measures are in place and customer needs are met;
- Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
- Maintain and cost files;
- Checking and monitoring of arrivals;
- Booking in; arranging customs clearance;
- Arranging transport; obtaining profit share and credit notes from agents;
- Ensuring that final job checks are made, that profits are checked and any losses reported to manager;
- Carry out other duties as required
- Minimum of 2-3 years working in Air Import Department with experience in traffic and customs clearance.
- Good knowledge of Customs procedures.
- Experience in providing an excellent level of customer service within a freight forwarding environment.
- Computer literate including good knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to work under pressure while prioritizing tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Woodland Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements. Woodland complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.