IMPORT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Develops a thorough understanding of clients' shipping requirements. Demonstrates sound customer service and data entry skills to support growth within current position. Gains job related regulatory knowledge of current position.
Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates compliance needs, and makes recommendations. Ensures clients are provided with timely and accurate clearance services. Reviews documentation and communicates with clients to ensure compliant customs transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares customs entries and bonds, primarily air and ocean, with some cross-border.
- Ensures regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments.
- Maintain client specific HTS databases
- Ensures documentation is accurately processed, distributed, and released to carrier, forwarders, customers, and agents in a timely manner.
- Oversees and completes accurate billing to clients based on established client pricing, while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Establishes knowledge of Inco terms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers.
- Prepares timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Maintains courteous, prompt, and efficient customer relations
- 2-3 years operational experience in preparing, filing, and auditing customs entries.
- Experienced in working with Participating Government Agencies involved in the customs clearance process.
- Knowledge and experience in customs entry software, spreadsheets, and databases (Excel and Word) applications required.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, and international laws, and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e. customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade).
- Experience on the Descartes system
Benefits and Compensation
- Health, Aflac, Vision and Dental Insurance plans
- 401K 3% match