Pilot Last Mile is seeking a full time Director Final Mile Operations to work for our Colton Station, located in Colton, CA. The hours for this position will vary.
- Hiring, training, coaching, and leading managers as they provide support for customers.
- Leading team meetings, educating and coach managers regarding processes and practices, and explain expectations to employees.
- Assisting other management team members in identifying trends and establishing goals.
- Ensuring leadership is achieving desired service levels and issuing corrective action, as needed.
- Reviewing reports and analyzing data to improve processes, ensure resources are properly allocated, and maximize efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Develop presentations and talks to motivate and educate leadership
- Review periodic surveys of customers and potential customers to ensure quality control
- Supporting and managing within the P&L Budget prescribed by the CFO and VP
- Work with Company IT leaders to ensure all systems are operating correctly
- Ensure Claims Department will be in compliance with the 24-hour contact
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Implementing operational policies and procedures
- Responsible for all billing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Oversees recruiting, processing, and performance of Independent Owner/Operators.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Ensures follow up on shipping discrepancies, damaged goods and in-home damage claims.
- Oversees in-home delivery for customers.
- Maintains monthly operating reports that include statistics and customer service scores.
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- 7-10 years of transportation management experience demonstrating a successful background in operations
- Experienced in developing a broad range of clients within our key sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency or ability to become proficient with MS Word and Excel