Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
$500 sign-on bonus offered to eligible participants hired while the program is in effect, paid in two installments. Bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply.
As the Material Handler, you'll play an important role in making sure freight gets where it needs to go. You'll work alongside a top caliber management team that understands the transportation industry. If you're excited about the challenge of working for a rapidly growing global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Assist with shipping and receiving activities, including unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing orders to sales associates for processing
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders and requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed and/or shipped
- Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer traffic
- Complete your work in a safe manner; adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Assemble products and participate in inventory counts as needed
- Take check calls from drivers, ensuring that loads will deliver on time; validate all load data prior to marking loads delivered, for accounting purposes
- Monitor daily pick-ups and deliveries; verify that loads have arrived on time and in good condition
What you need to succeed at XPO:
It'd be great if you also have:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
- Dock or warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Experience using handheld scanners
- The ability to apply critical thinking to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
This job requires the ability to:
- Must be able to lift, push or pull at least 75 pounds
- Ability to load and unload trucks
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.