Pilot Freight Services is seeing a full time Linehaul Coordinator for our Groveport OH location
- Create and execute shipments, assign carriers, dispatch shipments across required modes, create bills of lading as needed and update shipment status information for line haul shipments.
- Negotiate and execute spot quotes for overflow and specialized shipments.
- Monitor shipments to ensure on-time pickup and delivery to meet company service requirements.
- Monitor carrier performance and update status event info into internal visibility tool and escalate any issues to Pilot hubs or stations.
- Manage exception shipments such as expedites, OS&D situations or high visibility critical shipments to ensure flawless execution and that all relevant parties are provided status information.
- Monitor shipment activity to ensure service requirements are met. Resolve and monitor carrier issues for internal clients.
- Approve and audit freight bills as needed.
- Monitor subcontractor compliance to ensure carriers maintain compliance status to corporate subcontractor guidelines.
- Understanding of LTL line haul operations.
- Working knowledge of FTL operations and dispatch.
- Creative team player with the ability to function in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel & Word), basic knowledge and understanding of WMS and TMS applications.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and prioritization skills to meet tight deadlines as well as work under minimal supervision.