What we're looking for...
- OEC Group is currently looking for experienced candidates who have experience within the logistics/transportation industry.
- The Traffic Coordinator handles request and disputes related to any service contracts with trucking companies.
What we can offer you:
At OEC Group we have created an interactive training program focused on educating and engaging our new hires. Our Operations Trainer, leads each class and tailors the curriculum based on prior experience, knowledge, and targeted position. During training you will be provided with several resources to assist you with the learning process including test modules, weekly quizzes, informational sessions, group activities, and individual review time. OEC's Freight School holds courses monthly, with each course running anywhere from 1-4 weeks.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
OEC Group has implemented a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees and new hires. After receiving a conditional offer, OEC Group will request proof of vaccination or an upcoming scheduled appointment.
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities! Here at OEC we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision) - Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Personal and Floating Days
- Biannual performance review with opportunities for a salary adjustment and/or bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
About the Position Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Container/Shipment tracking, tracing ,and updating shipments while developing and maintaining good relationships with carriers, truckers, customers, and warehouses, etc.
- Schedule truckers to pick up or deliver ocean containers to customer in a timely manner.
- Communicate with vendors for payment disputes and service requirements.
- Communicates with internal office (including internal department, branch offices, and oversea offices) for container delivery status.
- Ability to handle issues such as rescheduling of delivery status, terminal congestions, receiving and resoling warehouse unloading issues.
Chicago Office 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, and email communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.