STARTING YOUR CAREER AS A TRUCK TECHNICIAN? This is a great entry level position to start your career as a diesel truck mechanic, learn from the best and move ahead.
We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career. If you have some mechanical or vehicle maintenance experience and you are Dynamic, Motivated and Ready to learn - WE ARE COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING YOU!
At Penske a Diesel Technician Co-op is a mechanic's helper/apprentice that will participate in shadowing and observed hands on experience in minor component repair or replacement. This position will receive coaching and collaboration in partnership with licensed technicians.
Co-op opportunity - seasonal
Shift: Days - 8am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday
We Offer YOU:
• Modern and clean work environment
• Industry leading technology and tools
• Competitive salary
• Remove, replace or adjust the following with some supervision: brakes (air and hydraulic), fifth wheel, minor electrical repairs, cab components and accessories, minor trailer maintenance such as doors, wheel seals etc.
• Perform all aspects of preventive maintenance on vehicles as trained
• All customer service duties as necessary
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
• Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 1 year of practical experience preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
• Current driver's license class G and ability to obtain class DZ it within 6 months of been hired required
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference check.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment - As part of this commitment, Penske endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Sarah Karan Recruiter - Eastern Canada at (905) 819-8001 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Diesel, Maintenance