Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Senior Specialist, Logistics, you will monitor site-specific processes and procedures that affect trade compliance and quality. You'll find yourself immersed in a rapidly growing, dynamic environment fueled by achievement and a tenacious team spirit. Join XPO and we'll give you the support you need to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed, and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Track and trace shipment progress and make sure shipment milestones are met / completed.
- Maintain and create customer specific tracking reports via CargoWise One / Excel
- Coordinate with internal US Customs team or external customer broker to ensure timely filing US Customs clearance.
- Maintain courteous, prompt, and efficient customer relations.
- Complete accurate billing to clients based on established pricing, while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Confirm shipment availability to complete the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish knowledge base of XPO Incoterms and import document requirements for internal Customs Brokerage team.
- Coordinate inbound shipments with sales team, overseas offices and customers to ensure smooth transportation
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other related carriers.
- Establish and maintain all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe, and healthy environment for all personnel.
- Interact daily with leadership to ensure flow of orders is executed efficiently
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years related operational experience with an international logistics provider
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
It'd be great if you also have:
- Familiarity with CargoWise One Cargo management system
- Ability to respond to questions from customers, team members, management, vendors, etc. with effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the proven ability to multitask and prioritize workload
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.