Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment. Provides support and some supervision to regular and temporary warehouse associate functions. Works closely with Operations Supervisors to ensure employee productivity expectations are met. Provides a variety of responsibilities to meet the supervisors expectations.
Shift: This is a 1st shift position. Work days to be determined (must be willing to work weekends)
Hours: Start 6:00AM -until finished
Pay rate: $21.00/HR
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
• Stage and sort products for loading
• Loads and unloads trailers
• Executes & provides process & project visibility to Operations Supervisor
• Expert in warehouse functions
• Leads & complies with Safety and Well Being efforts on assigned shift
• Opens and closes dock doors
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
• Pulling of manual dock chain
• Stacks cardboard boxes and pallets
• Move materials within the warehouse
• Package or kit finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, labeling)
• Electronically scan products using a warehouse management system
• Quality control
• Ensure damaged products are sent out and identify damaged products when received
• Complete daily logs
• Communicate with associates from other shifts
• Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information
• Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
• Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
• Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber
• Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed
• Sorts and stores perishable goods in refrigerated rooms
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards
• Uses computer to enter records
• Prepares parcels for mailing
• Maintains inventory records
• Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment (where applicable)
• Operate forklifts or pallet jacks to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment (where applicable)
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 4 years of warehouse experience required
• 2 years of inventory or materials management experience preferred
• 2 years of supervisory experience preferred
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Prior forklift certification preferred
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint preferred
• Ability to learn and use proprietary software required
• Flexible to work overtime preferred
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions
• Ability to lead a small team, ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexibility required, excellent with numbers, time management, and ability to execute are required.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: -The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
-The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate .
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The associate must be able to hear, understand, and distinguish speech and/or other sounds (e.g., machinery alarms, medical codes or alarms).
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.