Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Lead Engineer, Software Engineering, you'll be is responsible for developing new, complex software components, and modifications to and in support of existing production software. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. Join XPO, and we'll give you the support you need to excel at work and the resources to build a career that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Design and develop new software by applying techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis that satisfies the objectives stated in business requirements.
- Be available for testing/support on scheduled deployment dates
- Evaluate and select process and logic patterns, programming language constructs, data storage methods, and operating environment interfaces that effectively satisfy business requirements and quantifiable measures; develop appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established department standards
- Work with architects, systems engineers, project managers, systems administrators, and operations analysts to deploy and implement solutions, and troubleshoot technical issues
- Participate in collaborative code reviews conducted with colleagues and team members; coordinate the deployment and implementation of software solutions
- Certify the proper functioning and performance of software components using repeatable, reproducible, and reportable software testing methodologies
- Evaluate new technologies for inclusion in developed software solutions; introduce new industry standards and techniques that deliver improved software solutions
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of relevant software development experience
- Advanced knowledge of IT software development methodologies and processes
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering or related technical field
- 7 years of software development experience
- Expert knowledge of Java EE (or J2EE) including EJB, Hibernate, JPA
- Expert experience with the industry standard IDEs - RAD, Eclipse, Visual Studio, WebStorm, VSCode
- Experience with SQL and relational databases (DB2/UDB, Oracle, MySQL)
- Experience with data marshalling, data transformation, and data representation technologies (Model entities, JSON, HTML, XML, Stylesheets)
- Experience with rapid programming, agile development, software patterning, and refactoring techniques
- Experience with process communication techniques (shared memory, message queues, data streams, semaphores)
- Experience with creating and consuming distributed data services (REST APIs, Messaging Buses)
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.