Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The Driver Recruiter's primary responsibility is to source, solicit, and screen potential drivers for immediate openings.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sourcing and screening qualified applicants utilizing job board databases such as Craigslist, Indeed, CareerBuilder, etc.
- Makes contact with applicants that meet hiring criteria via telephone or email within 24 hours
- Researches and utilizes the most time efficient and cost effective methods to fill open positions; such as social media, internet recruiting, job fairs
- Thoroughly explains the driver positions available to ensure proper fit
- Qualifies applicants in accordance with established hiring guidelines
- Develops and maintains recruiting sources to ensure consistent applicant flow
- Schedules and facilitates driver onboarding
- Maintaining applicant information in database, dispositioning applicants accordingly
- Maintains recruiting data analysis
- Verifies professional references and employment history
- Completes employment process by auditing applicant documents to ensure proper completion
- Meets monthly hiring quota as assigned by Sr. Driver Recruiter
- Performs other duties as assigned by management and/or Sr. Driver Recruiter
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available with United healthcare 60 days after hire.
- Must have experience in prospecting, lead generation, and meeting quotas
- Must have excellent, persuasive, creative, engaging phone etiquette
- Must have a thorough understanding of the business
- Must have general clerical and organizational skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to multi-task, and work independently
- Strong interpersonal communication, both verbal and written
- Must be results-driven
- Highly energized and possess superior customer service skills
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Recruiting experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Experience with Tenstreet database system preferred
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required
- Background in transportation industry
- Knowledge of truck fleet operations, particularly DOT regulations
- Intermediate or above proficiency with MS Office
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and office equipment. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be in an open cubicle and/or normal office environment. Candidate must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.