Now Hiring an Import Logistics Specialist in the Greater Los Angeles area
The right person will have the following day to day responsibilities:
- Handle international transportation processes.
- Pricing/Quoting experience for all modes (ocean, rail, LCL, FCL, ground)
- Work with ocean carriers & co-loaders on global rate negotiations
- Managing and tracking multiple containers which include daily status updates to internal stakeholders,
- For Import Ocean shipments insure ISF (Importer Security Filing) is filed by cutoff date at origin, to avoid penalty from Customs.
- Reconcile import files and accurate data input of import files in company computer systems
- Follow-up and finalize all import shipments with appropriate party
- Using tracing systems, trace every pending container. Monitor the on-water transit.
- Gather the information to prepare arrival notices with info from the origin & carriers, provide info to either brokerage team or outside broker for customs clearance.
- Upon clearance, work with CFS or Steamship to clear any originals docs requirements and/or payments.
- Keep customers in constant communication with important milestones and if needed resolve any issues to insure smooth service.
- Track and Trace Inbound Ocean shipments
- Process documents and issue arrival notices timely and accurately
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines from customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field – PREFERRED
- Minimum of five (5) years import/freight management.
- Thorough knowledge of Ocean service contract negotiation and understanding of ocean shipment documentation.
- Inbound container logistics and management including container demurrage detention management experience.
- Communication/experience in dealing with drayage companies.
- Ability to manage high volume emails including communication with oversees vendors for PO/shipping management.
- Knowledge in all import procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Experience with tariff sheets and rate contract