Join First Transit as a Diesel Fleet Technician!
We maintain & repair campus shuttle buses for the University of Minnesota!
Starting Pay Up to $74,000/year! **Relocation assistance may be available!
Safety is our top priority and all staff will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided.
We're Proud to Offer You:
- $Up to $74,000/year! based on experience, shift and qualifications
- $5000 Sign on bonus! (conditions and payout terms apply, offer expires 12/30/21)
- ASE Certifications earn you bonus money!
- **Relocation assistance may be available!
- Company paid ASE training and testing materials
- A clean and positive work environment!
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid sick time, paid holidays, paid time off
- Boot, Tool, Prescription Safety Glasses allowance
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide! (Many of our executives were once techs)
Fleet Technician Major Responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis, and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Properly using of state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
Fleet Technician Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of diesel vehicle maintenance & repair experience; transit bus experience is preferred
- Experience with Cummins engine repair
- Experience with Allison transmission repair
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Possess or be able to obtain 2 ASE Certifications within 90 days of hire.
So, Who Are We?
We are First Transit (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading transportation provider. We move more than 350 million passengers annually and employ 19,500 dedicated transit professionals in over 300 locations worldwide. And we need great team members like you!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.