Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
As the Regional Vice President, you will be responsible and accountable for the efficient operation of Last Mile Dedicated or LMH facilities. You will ensure compliance with specified contract metrics; operational and personnel activities in all facilities; maintain high standards of operational activities, ensuring that the quality management system procedures are implemented throughout functional groups. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. On our team, we'll give you the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage daily operations of dedicated or LMH facilities, including standardizing all cross-dock process across the network (Functional management structure, WMS / DMS and eTrack process, Functional job training)
- Consolidate all transactional services under the National Specialty Network Umbrella
- Integrate internal LTL volume and new sales to expand the current network to the optimal 120 locations within 18 months
- Work with national sales team to facilitate new avenues of growth
- Participate in trade show and other industry events as required, to increase visibility and marketing of the warehouse product line as needed
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment to ensure they are being done on a scheduled basis
- Proactively plan future capacity requirements
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment
- Establish and drive quality metrics
- Ensure quality, delivery and budget objectives are met
- Oversee planning, administration and general management issues
- Train staff and monitor performance and progress
- Visit customers to monitor the quality of service they are receiving and develop relationships
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 10 or more years' experience in the warehouse, logistics or transportation industry
- Senior level leadership experience in a related industry
- Experience managing multiple P&L accounts including demonstrated experience with warehouse cost models and financial drivers
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), routing, order management and process development and implementation
It'd be great if you also have:
- 15+ years related experience
- Industrial engineering background
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills; ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and get along with diverse personalities
- Ability to identify opportunities to increase accuracy, optimize resources and develop, recommend and implement solutions
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.