Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate ocean freight and domestic operation from A to Z
- Input data, file and process documentation
- Provide quality customer service to all vendors, shippers and agents and provide customers with daily updates
- Keep clients informed of transport arrangements and status; maintain knowledge of market trends and changes in service options.
- Ensure invoicing of rendered services is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
Education and/or Experience:
- Candidate must have at least two years experience in the freight forwarding industry handling ocean freight shipments.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding a must
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate in a global environment
- Must be self-managing and pro-active, as well as have the ability to work in a team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities