Logistics at full potential.
At GXO, we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels, who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. You know that a positive work environment creates happy employees, which boosts productivity and dedication. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
GXO Logistics has completed the spin-off from XPO Logistics. As we update our systems, there are places throughout the application where you see references to XPO Logistics/XPO. Please substitute GXO for XPO throughout the application as you answer these questions.
1st Shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
As the Lead Industrial Engineer, you will be responsible for analyzing high labor content activities across GXO and designing automation to improve operational efficiency with a short ROI and ROIC. You will be challenged with finding ways to improve productivity and developing strategies to help people work smarter. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Design, plan, source and implement automation solutions, including conveyors, sorters, scanners, vision systems, PLCs, etc.
- Conduct root cause analysis of labor and/or process inefficiencies through operational data analysis, pareto, review, time studies, simulation and discussions with operational leadership
- Develop automation design and equipment specifications for the implementation of automation solutions, including identifying facility design requirements based on activity levels, product envelope, product flow and transportation methods; building layouts and power requirements to accept automation designs; specifying material handling and storage equipment solutions
- Determine startup and ongoing personnel requirements for automation solutions based on activity levels and product profile; identify management and supervisory requirements for operations personnel, determine special skills needed, and provide job descriptions for hiring
- Configure table data, location logic table data, strategies, commodity table data and system flag settings for functionality
- Work with IT team to identify and document new IT functionality not currently available; identify changes to existing functionality currently available, and test IT solutions and functionality
- Specify packing methods to be used based on mode/method of transportation and product profile; specify containers/cartons and packing (void fill) medium requirements; identify outbound labeling/documentation requirements; provide annual cost estimates for packing materials; and create cartonization tables
- Develop time estimates for process documentation, conversion of existing processes and development, testing and implementation of new processes; publish start-up plans with milestones and responsibilities
What you need to succeed at GXO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of experience leading engineering teams
- Experience with PLC and electrical controls of motors, switches, diverters, spirals and conveyors
- Experience in high-volume operations and distribution-related environments
- Experience with Lean methodology, AutoCAD, Simulation, 3D modeling and drawing and designing components and parts of systems
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project), Mini Tab and Six Sigma analysis tools
- Availability to travel occasionally
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Automation Engineering
Be part of something big.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
GXO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with GXO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.