Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- $2,000 in bonuses available
- Pay starts at $18.33/hour
- Experienced forklift operators can start at $22.56/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It'd be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally)
- Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary
Be part of something big.
Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect will receive a $1,000 sign-on bonus, subject to repayment if the employee voluntarily terminates their employment with XPO Logistics within the first 6 months. Bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for sign-on bonuses.
A $500 retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of continuous employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $500 bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for retention bonuses.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.