What we're looking for…
- OEC Group is currently looking for both entry level and experienced candidates with around 1-3 years of experience in the logistics, supply chain, import, export and/or transportation industry.
- You will receive hands on training in the OEC "Freight School", learning the basics of the Freight Forwarding industry and company procedures. In the future, the Import Logistics Coordinator has the opportunity to cross train in either the ocean, traffic or customer service departments.
About OEC Group
Established in 1981, OEC Group is one of the leading NVOCC freight forwarding companies. With headquarters located in Taipei, Taiwan, as well as regional headquarters in New York and branches throughout Asia, North America, and Europe; OEC Group enjoys a strong position in a rapidly growing market. OEC Group provides our customers with import and export services, as well as, door-to-door services for both international and domestic needs. We remain competitive by offering a wide range of logistics services, including: ocean and air freight, rail, trucking, warehousing and distribution, customs brokerage, cargo insurance and more.
Perks & Benefits of OEC Group
After successfully completing and passing a standard 90-day introductory period the employee is provided with the following benefits package. This includes:
- Individual Health Insurance Coverage (Medical, Dental and Vision) – Paid for by the company
- Life and Accidental Insurance Coverage
- Vacation, Personal and Floating Days
- Bi-Annual performance review with opportunities for a salary adjustment and/or bonus (contingent upon company financials and on-the-job performances)
- After 1 full year of employment: 401K Plan with up to 3% company match
OEC Group provides a fun, family-oriented work culture. We are a well-established company that is continually growing and looking for strong team players. We often host company outings such as team dinners, holiday parties, company picnics, and team building activities! Here at OEC Group we identify the following to be our 5 main Core Values:
- Community: OEC is a family-oriented company, and we value our employees' efforts to help grow and support one another as a unified community.
- Teamwork: We work together to support each other's successes, interests and goals by sharing knowledge and resources.
- Customer Experience: We focus on helping both our internal and external customers succeed, acting in our customer's best interests while striving to understand their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Work Ethic: Passion is at the heart of OEC. We hold ourselves accountable in our everyday work, and we strive to do the best we can.
- Innovation: We believe innovation is essential for growth. Continuous improvement will bring OEC and our people to a better future.
About the Position Duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of shipments in Freightstream daily by checking the carrier's website.
- Creates and maintains customer profiles in FreightStream with detailed customer information.
- Maintains effective communication with internal and external parties through a high volume of e-mails, phone calls and in-person interaction.
- Generates and monitors reports daily.
- Creates invoices to be processed for billing purposes.
- Addresses internal and external inquiries and directs to the correct department if needed.
- Monday through Friday 9:00-6:00 pm EST
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for candidates with good follow up abilities, strong organizational skills, and email communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree preferred.
- Experience dealing with a high volume of data entry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and requires the ability to speak and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for data entry.
OEC Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.