The HRBP is the primary human resources point of contact for the assigned business management team for which he/she is assigned. The position supports national human resources initiatives and works with the business managers to ensure alignment and effective implementation of human resources programs. The HRBP works independently with limited supervision and makes appropriate human resources decisions for their specific business group in conjunction with the HR Director.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary human resources point of contact for his/her assigned business group for all human resources matters including promotion requests, learning and development needs, employee relations matters, compensation consultation, organizational changes etc.
- Partner with centers of excellence and assigned management group to support all cyclical processes including annual compensation review, performance management process, succession management, employee engagement etc.
- Coach and counsel leaders within the organization as a trusted advisor to assist them to be more effective leaders and optimize the management of their respective teams.
- Facilitate trainings to assigned management and employee populations in support of change initiatives or important human resources topics as needed.
- Travel to branch offices within assigned business group to meet with managers to understand their business goals and assist in proactively identifying people solutions to help them achieve their goals.
- Partner with your business group's leaders to manage all employee relations issues including workplace investigations, compliance with company policies, complaint resolution etc. Work collaboratively with business leaders and legal partners to develop and execute resolution strategies, escalating as appropriate.
- Works closely with leaders, employees, and internal partners to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase engagement and retention across assigned business group.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in collaboration with departmental and HR leadership to develop and implement solutions, programs and organizational practices.
- Participate in the candidate selection process for management employees and select hourly staff in collaboration with the management team as part of the recruitment process.
Qualifications Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of previous human resources experience ideally with 2 years of previous experience as a business partner.
- Undergraduate degree in human resources, industrial relations or business preferred.
- PHR or SHRM CP certification required, SPHR or SHRM SCP a plus.
- Must possess strong leadership skills, professional maturity, and sound judgment that lead to collaboration with leaders to find effective solutions that are acceptable to all stakeholders.
- Solid working knowledge of major HR disciplines (total rewards, learning and development, talent acquisition, human resources systems, employee and labor relations).
- Demonstrated success working with cross functional teams as well as individual managers on projects or assignments while producing required deliverables on time.
- Must be data inspired with the ability to analyze data, identify key issues, and make recommendations
- Ability to translate business needs into human resources priorities and ensure alignment .
- Requires a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
Yusen Logistics is working to become the world's preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we're dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world's preferred choice.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.