Pilot Freight Services is seek a full time Operations Agent 1 to work at our Torrance, CA location
- Answering of phones professionally and timely.
- Answering and responding to e-mail requests timely.
- Running of various inbound reports.
- POD report.
- Nominated reports.
- Inbound carrier manifest.
- Dock check reports.
- Voice shot.
- Tracking and tracing of shipments.
- Communicate to other Pilot stations and or customer service with any issues.
- Understand and work with Compass Dispatcher (filters).
- Manage DEA/DSP.
- Maintain various IQ standards.
- Communicate with various vendors to communicate drops/recoveries.
- Research of shipments for Corporate requests/reports.
- Research of shipments for Accounting requests/reports.
- Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and warehouse.
- Understanding TSA regulations.
- Completion of specific assigned duties/accounts.
- Able to work overtime and weekend on call rotations.
- Other duties assigned deemed necessary by the Inbound Supervisor.
- Must be able to type accurately at least 35 WPM.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Intermediate Excel knowledge a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Work with a sense of urgency, understanding how to prioritize.
- Ability to manage deadlines.
- Ability to work hands-on, handling multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of the geography throughout the immediate and surrounding areas.
- Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certifications, if applicable.
- 2-years basic customer service experience and or 2-years of industry experience.
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required. Position may require to work remotely at times.
- Not applicable
WORK ENVIRONMENT & ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload. For the warehouse locations, employee may be exposed to ambient weather conditions.