Pilot Freight Services seeks full-time Inbound Operations Agent to work at our Pilot Milwaukee office located in Oak Creek, WI, the hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5:30 pm, with an occasional Saturday.
Directly in charge of scheduling drivers to make delivers and pick up packages from customers and vendors. Also work as a liaison between customers, drivers, and management.
- Scheduling drivers to make freight delivers or collect shipments and packages
- Communicating with customers and vendors about freight details, pickup and drop-off times, and special requests
- Planning pre-determined routes for drivers
- Identifying traffic problems and issues and creating appropriate corrective action plans to achieve desirable results on time.
- Preparing general dispatch documents for management, as well as pulling any documents that employees, customers, or vendors will need
- Maintain a record of all dispatch calls, driver routes, route changes, as well as delivery and pick-up times
- Monitoring truck repairs and maintenance schedules
- Logging vendor complaints or concerns
- Answering phone calls from vendors, customers, and management and helping them as needed.
- Other duties as requested
- Strong aptitude for time management
- Excellent understanding of local and state traffic laws and regulations
- Ability to make quick changes in routing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Deep understanding of computer software and technologies
- Able to read, write and speak English
- GED or higher
- 1-2 years of freight dispatching experience is required
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required.
High School or better.
1 year(s): Dispatching