Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Job Title: General Maintenance Technician
Overall Purpose: To keep our facility operating effectively by maintaining machinery and equipment and repairing any defects when they are discovered to help promote a safe and productive working environment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Repairs plant machinery and equipment.
- Follows manufacturer's specification for repairs.
- Cleans and lubricates machinery and equipment.
- Ensures that machinery and equipment has been inspected and tested.
- Provides guidance and reviews work quality and effectiveness of lower level technicians on all types of equipment.
- Specifies and orders off the shelf items from OEM and industrial suppliers.
- Maintains proper spare parts inventory levels through SAP inventory management system.
- Keep workspace clean and organized.
- Requires frequent lifting, bending, reaching, standing, walking, squatting, lying down, and climbing ladder, etc.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to use various tools and operate equipment used in repair work.
- Vision must be normal (20/20). Correctional lenses are acceptable.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Requires training and experience in mechanical and electrical systems.
- Understands applicable electrical and/or mechanical safety regulations that must be followed and carries certifications in certain fields of expertise.
- Possess varying levels of competency in the higher complexity equipment functionality, specializing in mechanical and/or electrical functionality, more specifically (Electrical: PLCs, electronic systems and circuit boards, servos, encoders, etc.) and/or (Mechanical: ball screws, machine qualification, machine alignment, fit tolerances, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems etc.)
- Candidates must be able problem solve and deal with a variety of concrete variables such as interpreting instructions in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Will require on the job training for SAP Plant Maintenance system and SRM ordering.
- Loud manufacturing environment, exposure to metals, machine lubricants, rust preventative, and other process chemicals, seasonal cold/heat.
Protective Clothing and Personal Devices:
- Safety glasses, safety gloves, safety shoes, hearing protection.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.