Pilot Freight Services is seeking a full-time Outbound Operations Dispatcher for our Newark Station in Elizabeth, NJ location. This position is hands-on and detail orientated.
Directly in charge of scheduling drivers to make deliveries and pick up packages from customers and vendors. Also work as a liaison between customers, drivers, and management.
- Dispatch drivers for US domestic deliveries and expedited service
- Rate and route Domestic Outbound traffic
- Prepare, route and cut air bills and manifests
- Assign routes to drivers and owner-operators
- Coordinating recovery and delivery manifests for multiple drivers
- Help research and resolve operations problems
- Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Coordinate with Warehouse/Operations to ensure shipments are received / delivered and all documentation has been accounted for on a daily basis
- Ensure all outbound shipments are properly labeled for delivery
- Communicate constantly with other stations and update the system with status of shipments
- Light dock work a few hours a week, when time allows
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to multi-task, be organized, efficient, accurate and accountable to job responsibilities
This is a clerical administrative position in a professional office setting. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, stoop, bend and reach. Extensive use of a phone and a PC is required.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented, multi-tasking is a must
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to handle multiple tasks
• Must be computer literate and capable of using multiple applications
• Prior air freight forwarder or other transportation experience desired
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
2 year(s): Experience with routing airfreight domestically