Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Provide supervision for the manufacturing operations at the Prince George facility in achieving its goals of quality, cost effectiveness, and on time products while supervising the operative workforce to achieve goals relative to attendance, safety, customer focus. This position is responsible for facilitating a flexible culture, maintaining good relationships, driving high service levels, and a continuous improvement environment.
- Oversee the day to day execution of the manufacturing flow though the shop. Assess current and near future demand against current and future supply of raw materials, human resources, and production assets.
- Maintain strong relationships with the unionized workforce and management. Build trust and loyalty across unionized work force and their leadership to deliver a fair and balanced level of performance as well as day to day work expectations. Manage within the CBA and effectively deal with performance, attendance, and behavior issues.
- Keep highly sophisticated machining centers maintained and continuously operational. Manage in house maintenance and repairs per schedule as needed as well as procuring and managing vendor service work.
- Supervising and influencing manufacturing operations through continuous improvement activities resulting in better efficiency and higher quality.
- Drive key performance indicators relative to production lead times, flexibility, efficiency, asset and operative utilization.
- Supervise service levels and collaborate to solve issues proactively as well as reactively from supply chain through delivery to end user.
- Supervises communication and adherence to standard work, organizational policies, and procedures regarding operational practices
Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
PC Skills (MS Office, email, presentations)
Strong Analytical Skills
Demonstrated Financial Responsibility
SAP experience preferred
Bachelor's Degree with 5 years of operations experience OR Equivalent 7-10 years of experience may be considered.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.